show the phone number
Why is so special The Cernovici Macea Castle Curtici: |
Presentation - The Cernovici Macea Castle Curtici
The Cernovici Castle and the dendrologic garden
The castle was built in a neoclassical style with a single level and a rectangular plan, in the first part of the 19th century, it has a sober architecture. Both the front and the back terrace are guarded by Doric columns with capitals.
The castle is surrounded by a park. Another important objective is the orthodox church (number 1085) which dates back to the middle of the 18th century and was rebuilt in the following century. In the inside, and outside the dominant characteristics belong to the baroque architecture. In the inside byzantine praznical icons can be observed, which were donated by the founder of the church in 1759.
In the first half of the 19th century the bishop cathedral was here temporarily, where the bishop Nestor Ioanovici, the first Romanian bishop of Arad had his periodical residence (1829-1830). It is dedicated to the “Birth of Saint John the Baptist”. The Macea Castle was built in two main stages, now having the form of the letter “L”. The first part, until the great tower, adorned on the frontispice with the arms of the Cernovici family, carved in stone, dates back before 1862, being preceded by a building from the 18th century. The right wing, over the tower was built between 1862 and 1886. When the attached buildings were added to it, the complex got the mark of the Secession. Starting from 1956-1957 the castle of an imposing size was restored.